Do you want to know how to tell journalistic, inclusive stories on Instagram?
The 2020 Reuters Institute Digital News report predicts that Instagram will overtake Twitter as a news source. The platform offers huge opportunities for trustworthy and good quality storytelling. Now is your chance to learn all about this fast-growing social media platform and apply the same storytelling technique on Facebook Stories, Whatsapp Status and LinkedIn Stories.
YOU CAN JOIN ANYTIME AND FOLLOW THE COURSE AT YOUR OWN PACE.
What do you get out of this course?
- Instructions on how to create your own stories on Instagram;
- A clear vision about your ‘Why’ and what you’ll gain from using the platform;
- Tips & tricks for your content planning and the right mindset to execute it;
- Tools for building an inclusive community through engagement;
- Lots of journalistic storytelling inspiration and examples from international media companies, NGOs, politicians and influencers;
- Unlimited access to the course account, with regular updates about IG;
- If you want: personal guidance in creating your strategy for social media.
How does it work?
The course is being held through a private Instagram account (@journalisticstorytelling). So you’ll learn ABOUT Instagram IN the platform itself.
– 7 modules over 7 days explained in 500+ stories, daily feed posts and Live Q&As (IGTV).
– 1-2 hours of work for each module.
– 12 assignments for practising and an e-book with the summary of the course content.
– a community on Instagram for all your questions + individual feedback.
– access to the account for as long as the course exists, so you can do it at your own pace.
Module 1: The Why & Your Profile
Module 2: Audience & Storytelling
Module 3: Technique & Storyboarding
Module 4: Engagement
Module 5: Journalistic Vlogging
Module 6: Ethics & Impact
Module 7: Strategy & Growth
What do you need?
- a positive mindset;
- a mobile phone and an Instagram account;
- about 7-15 hours of your valuable time to finish the course.
Why follow a course if you can find all the knowledge by Googling?
It’s not so much about KNOWING everything, it’s more about DOING it. This course helps you to get started or to continue and structure your activities on Instagram. Besides that, the possibilities in the digital world are endless nowadays and there is a lot of competition. More than ever you need to find your own authentic voice and creativity. And that’s exactly the guidance you’ll get through this course.
Why choose me?
I combine my love for journalism with my management & coaching skills. I know behavior change takes time and sometimes a different mindset is needed.
– Am I the best journalist out there? No.
– Am I the most knowledgable person about Instagram? No.
– Am I the greatest storyteller alive? No.
What I DO bring to the course is huge enthusiasm to make you successful, years of experience in inclusive journalism (strategy and storytelling), professional management & coaching skills and an authentic talent for community engagement.
Who is the course for?
This course is for journalists, activists, NGOs employees, politicians, social media editors/managers, newsroom managers and everyone who wants to tell meaningful stories and make the best use of Instagram to do so.
Members of the Asian Pacific Broadcasting Union (ABU), Dutch politicians and ambassadors and freelance journalists from Asia and Europe are amongst the participants of the course so far.
“It was a super interesting way to deliver a course! The daily stories snuck into my instagram routine.” (Stewart, ABC Radio Australia)
“Through this course I realized how a single story can lead people to your platform easily. My social media world was limited mostly to Whatsapp, Facebook and Youtube. Here I realized how creative you can be on IG”.
(Muz, All India Radio)
“I recommend it to journalists, because it’s (one of) the most updated and fashionable way to edit news” (Chi, China Radio International)
“It is very helpful for new-comers to Instagram.” (Shirley, All India Radio)
“It is short and on-the-go! Perfectly suiting the nature of the TG”
(Parami, MTV Sri Lanka)
“Its a very nice course for beginners and also for people who are developing a strategy for their
account. Its easy to understand, I like the layout and how it works in general.”
(writer of book on instagram for journalists)
You can Start now!
COURSE + PERSONAL STRATEGY ADVICE: $99
(Prices are ex.VAT. And the % of VAT depends on your country.)